POOL RULES FOR THE OCONEE CLUB
1. All posted rules will be followed.
2. Lifeguard’s directions and authority will be respected at all times. However, Lifeguards are not parents or babysitters. Parents are responsible for their children. Swimming at all times will be at your own risk.
3. You must be a minimum of 16 years of age and able to demonstrate adequate swimming skills in order to swim unsupervised during the time that a lifeguard is not scheduled.
4. You must be at least 13 years old to stay at the pool without a guardian only when a lifeguard is on duty.
5. Foul language and reckless behavior will not be tolerated.
6. Alcoholic beverages are not allowed nor are persons deemed to be under the influence of them.
7. Smoking is prohibited.
8. Members are responsible for their access keys and must report them lost or stolen.
9. There is a $15.00 fee for the replacement of a lost access key.
10. The slide will be open when a lifeguard is on duty. Only one person is allowed on the slide at a time. Parents/guardians must stand at the steps of the slide when a young child is climbing the steps. Parents/guardians are responsible for their children when on the slide.
11. DO NOT chew gum on the pool premises.
12. No glass containers are permitted inside the pool.
13. Do not hang on or grab the basketball goal or volleyball nets. Destruction of pool property will lead to an assessment towards that member (except for normal wear and tear). Failure to pay will result in revocation of membership.
14. Running or dangerous play is not allowed.
15. Approved lifesaving devices must be worn by children who cannot swim.
16. Children in diapers must wear swim diapers (not disposable diapers).
17. The pool gate must be closed immediately upon entering or leaving. Do not prop the gate open and do not let anyone in that does not have a key!
18. Only one person on the diving board at a time. Jump or dive only from the end of the diving board. Do not jump until the deep end area is completely clear.
19. Floats or any other objects are not permitted in the diving area.
20. Swimming will be suspended for 15 minutes from the last time thunder is heard and swimming will be suspended for 20 minutes from the last lightning strike.
21. There will be a 15 minute “adult swim” at the end of every hour when a lifeguard is on duty. Those 16 and over may continue to swim during this break at their own risk.
22. Put guest passes/money in box upon arriving.
23. Baby-sitters may bring member’s children, but when accompanying the family, a guest pass/money needs to be given for the baby-sitter. Baby-sitters are not allowed to bring guests.
24. Respect others privacy and space.
25. This is a family pool and environment and behavior should reflect it at all times.
26. Pool rules apply at all times and are for your safety and protection.